Friday, February 29, 2008

DAY 113--GEORGE A. ROMERO'S DEAD

Another entry in the DIARY OF THE DEAD contest (oh, how I thank the gods for this; now I don't have to sweat finding 365 of these damn things--at the rate they're going, I could probably devote the entire project to these videos), GEORGE A. ROMERO'S DEAD is simple: a police detective interrogates a murder suspect about his past deeds, only to find the subject is the reanimated corpse of the great director. While it's not the surprise ending the video description claims--hint, don't reveal your twist in the title--I did like the concept, and I'm surprised it hasn't been done before. The uncredited actor who plays the cop isn't convincing, but the filmmaker(s), also anonymous, compensate with some nice visual touches, namely some decent editing that cribs from THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE and a few interesting zombies.

All in all, not a bad little film.

GEORGE A. ROMERO'S DEAD

No comments: